The service that we offer deals necessarily with personal data. By placing privacy at the heart of our product’s conception, we provide our clients and end users with sufficient guarantees from the very beginning and all along our relationship.
Pandabots relies on a network of legal experts working closely with our engineers in order to carry out an audit of the service’s global functioning and to undertake the necessary corrective measures. Every update of the tool is reviewed, from the first steps to the practical implementation.
Data collected and purposes of processing
The “data controller” is the legal person that determines the purposes, conditions and means of the processing of personal data.
The “data processor” is the legal person that processes personal data on behalf of the controller.
We collect data about our customers, the Pandabots users, (hereinafter the “Users”) as well as about people interacting with our customers’ chatbots on Facebook Messenger (hereinafter the “End-Users”).
With regards to Pandabots Users, we are data controller.
We collect personal information that you provide to us during the subscription and/or use of our service such as the User’s name and email address. The data that we collect is used to :
– Manage our relationship with you – such as for billing purposes,
– Provide a personalized service – such as for authentication purposes during sign up/sign in,
– Improve the experience and interaction with you – such as for sending information about the changes in our platform .
With regards to End-Users, we are data processor.
We collect on behalf of our customer (the Pandabots User) :
– Personal information of the End-User – such as, but not limited to, the name, profile avatar, PSID (Facebook ID), and other information associated with the Facebook Messenger account,
– Information that our users (chatbot admin) decided relevant for the chatbot purpose and that the end-user provides when communicating with the chatbot such as the “quick replies” or specific information,
– Information related to the interaction between the End-User and the chatbot – such as, but not limited to, the session start time, the session duration, the date of the first/last message etc.
The main purpose of collecting such information is to offer you an optimal, efficient and personalized experience while using our services. By collecting such information we are able to :
– Optimize the End-User’s interactions with the chatbot,
– Resolve any potential problem or dysfunctioning that may occur,
– Customize the chatbot messages,
– Provide the User with analytics preview .
The messages sent by the End-Users to the chatbot are not stored, except for the unanswered messages which are used to improve the chatbot. Unanswered messages are NOT connected to a user.
The Users (chatbot creators/our customers) may be able to collect the End-User’s conversation history with the chatbot but also information contained in his public social media profile as well as other information the End-User provides while interacting with the chatbot.
Pursuant to laws, you have the right to:
– Access your personal data to ensure that personal information is up-to-date, accurate and complete
– Require us to update, correct or complete any inaccurate or incomplete personal data, for legitimate purposes
– Oppose to or demand the limitation of the processing of your personal data
– Receive, upon request, all your personal data in a structured and standard format
– Give instructions regarding the further processing of your personal data after your death.
To exercise any of the above rights, please contact us at email@example.com.
Global privacy practices
We have implemented appropriate measures to put in place suitable technical and organisational precautions to ensure a level of security and integrity of personal data appropriate to the risk.
Third party disclosure
We do not share, sell or transfer any personal data of our Users or End-Users with third parties for commercial purposes.
We may share your personal data with partner companies so that we obtain the necessary assistance and support in the context of carrying out our services for ex. data hosting service provider, online payment processing services etc. We make sure all third parties we work with are GDPR compliant and when necessary Privacy Shield certified.
We can disclose your personal data to competent authorities to the extent strictly required by the law.
Personal Data Breach
We will notify Users without undue delay upon discovery of a breach affecting personal data. In such event, we will provide our customers with information to assist them to meet any obligations to inform data subjects or data protection authorities of the personal data breach under the data protection laws. We will assist our customers in the investigation, mitigation and remediation of each personal data breach.
Our specific commitment as Data Controller (free users and clients)
Data retention Pandabots users
Collected data will be retained for a period appropriate to the purpose for which it was collected and is, by default, destroyed at the end of a 36 months period following the last interaction (36 months after User’s last connection if the User doesn’t have a chatbot or 36month after User’s last interaction with the chatbot if the User has one chatbot or more).
Our specific commitment as Data Processor (end-users of chatbots)
Data retention of end-users
Collected data will be retained for a period appropriate to the purpose for which it was collected and is, by default, destroyed at the end of a 24 months period following the last interaction (24 months after User’s last connection if the User doesn’t have a chatbot or 24month after User’s last interaction with the chatbot if the User has one chatbot or more).
We will answer shortly to any inquiries sent by Users related to the personal data we process, including any request related to the exercise of End-Users rights. We will cooperate with Users to assist them in any investigation they may require to ensure their compliance with relevant EU and French legislation regarding data protection.
The tool’s compliance does not exempt the Users from their responsibility with regards to the use of the tool. The latter are fully and solely responsible for the use that may be made. It belongs to the Users to ensure the use of the bot they administrate is GDPR compliant. We provide a series of tips and guidelines to help them in their efforts to become compliant.
Our legal team is mobilized to facilitate exchanges with the compliance teams of our customers.
By refusing to accept cookies you may not be able to use some of the features and functionalities on our site.
Ready to get started?
Contact our team or try our bot.
© 2019 Pandabots All